Top News

Fire at Ybor’s Amphitheater

Photo by Katherine Lavacca


News Editor

Fire trucks rushed to the scene at around 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 7 to fight the flames that engulfed Ybor City’s historic Amphitheatre club.

The venue, a popular scene for UT students, was having maintenance done on a disco ball when the fire began. Authorities suspect that the welding torch used by a worker caused the fire.

Amphitheatre was closed to patrons at the time and no injuries were reported.

This is a developing story and will be updated as information surfaces. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: